Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest (BBBSCNW) builds bonds through one-to-one mentoring that enable youth facing adversity to reach their greatest potential. Our programs are offered free to the community, there is no cost to enroll youth in our program.
Youth Eligibility Requirements:
- Youth is a resident within the BBBSCNW service area (Portland Metropolitan Area and neighboring cities)
- Youth is between the ages of 6 and 16 years old
- Youth and family must agree to a one year (12 month) committment to the program
- Youth displays any of the following social, emotional, or economic challenges:
- poor self-esteem/lack of confidence
- low social skills or few friends their age
- diminished opportunies for 1:1 time with consistent adult(s)
- mild to moderate emotional challenges
- struggles in school or other areas
- Youth must want to participate in the program voluntarily (youth who do not want to participate in the program will not be enrolled)
- Parent/legal guardian and youth must be willing to partner with the agency and communicate with their Match Support Specialist regarding match activity, youth development, and youth safety on a monthly basis for the first year of the match relationship, and quarterly thereafter.
BBBSCNW makes every effort to explore and address the needs of all youth on a case-by-case basis. If the agency feels that it would be unable to meet the young person’s needs, then appropriate referrals will be explored.
Please contact Lucia Davila at 971-327-3050 or [email protected] with any questions
** BBBSCNW does not guarantee a match to parents/guardians, youth, or volunteers.