UPDATE ON BBBSCNW’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
March 12, 2020
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS Columbia Northwest IS COMMITTED TO KEEPING OUR BIGS, LITTLES, FAMILIES, EMPLOYEES, Board Members AND SUPPORTERS HEALTHY AND SAFE. WE ARE CURRENTLY TAKING STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION AND SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19).
This is an unprecedented time we are living through as a global community. These times can cause stress and uncertainty. At Big Brothers Big Sisters our work is built upon the power of one to one relationships between youth mentees and adult mentors. In light of our local, state and national leaders encouraging social distancing and cancelled events it may seem tough to do our job.
However, we are human and we are resilient. Like water, we find a way through. We use technology (texts, calls, video calls etc.) to stay connected, encourage one another and continue to mentor. Our mentees, mentors, staff, board and community will prevail and be stronger for it. When we are back together in person, we will cherish our handshakes and hugs even more. Until then, we will stay strong, stay connected and continue being Defenders of Potential.
As participants and/or supporters of our program, we want to communicate openly with you about our procedures, plans and general tips for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
IN EFFECT NOW:
* BBBSCNW Staff will work remotely effective immediately until further notice.
* Our office is closed.
* BBBSCNW will limit business-related travel.
* We will continue to thoroughly clean the BBBSCNW office.
* All match-related and agency events, including
Match Intro Meetings,
Match Meet Up Meetings,
Info Sessions for Parents and Bigs,
Lunch and Learns
are canceled until further notice. We will reevaluate at the beginning of April.
* Effective today, BBBSCNW strongly recommends that all Bigs and Littles avoid in-person match outings until further notice and instead focus on building a friendship through email, phone, text, video conferencing (ex: Facetime, Skype), etc. Please contact your Match Support Specialist for ideas on how to stay connected.
Be sure to review and follow the Center for Disease Control’s recommendations for preventing the spread of illness.
If you need assistance or have questions please email or call a staff member (emails/#’s on our website) or call (503) 249-4859 or you can call our emergency line: 503-267-2087. If you are experiencing a medical emergency call: 911
Thank you for your continued support of the BBBSCNW mission and all you do to defend potential in our community.